Monday, September 1, 2008

where did summer go?

I know!!!!!! I am so far behind with all my pictures. I have what feels like a million to post, but do not have the time. I can't believe today marks the end of summer....sort of sad, but also exciting. Amber and Olivia have become little fishies this summer. They have been swimming at the pool every chance they had with their amazing babysitter, Britni. I can't believe how much Amber has improved in the pool. She is jumping in and going off the diving board. She has become so brave. I have no doubt that this has to do with her wonderful sitter that she looks up to so much. I know they will miss Britni tremendously now that school is starting!! Olivia has another thing coming with Amber heading off to school....she will miss her sister so much, but she will get back into routine at daycare soon I'm sure. I can't wait for Amber to start grade one so that she can get over all of the worries that have consumed her in the past few weeks. I know she is going to love it once she gets there. There has been so much this summer. We had a wonderful camping trip, which Amber thought was the best time of her life...(too cute). We got to babysit Dylan for two nights during my holidays, which was so much fun for all of us! Then the girls had a HUGE summer holiday with Auntie Kim and Uncle Shane. Amber and Olivia stayed in Fargo with them for a whole week!!! That was pretty hard for mommy and daddy (especially daddy!) They did so much while in Fargo that I don't think they had time to miss mom & dad. I can't even name all the activities...they were busy! I know that they will never forget it. Then we had visits from the St. Jean family from Okotoks. It was nice to see them again since it had already been over two years since the last time. After that were visits from the Bomers family from St. Catherine's. They flew out to celebrate my Grandpa's 95th birthday! On Friday we took the girls to Tinkertown! We spent 5½ hours there with very few incidents! At 3:00 we stopped to have a snack and Olivia's full bottle of apple juice landed on Amber mostly....there were instant tears from both girls. Amber thought our day was over because she was all sticky and Olivia felt bad that Amber burst into tears. Lucky for everyone we had a change of clothes along for them...and after that it was clear sailing. It was such a beautiful day! The girls had a blast! Needless to say there will be pictures to follow in the coming days.....

No comments: